Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Best Young Writers 2013

Some of you may not be aware that I started a publishing company in 2013 called Shire Reckoning Publishing House. If you aren't aware of this, don't feel bad; it's entirely because I've done a horrible job of promoting the house on this blog. That changes now.

The first project I focused on with SRPH was the Best Young Writers contest, a literature contest for writers between 14 and 20 years old with a grand prize of $500. The 2013 winner was an amazing writer from St. Louis named Myra Stull who wrote a great short story about young love and the endurance of faith. But I received so many other great submissions I decided to compile the 21 best into an anthology titled, cleverly, Best Young Writers 2013.

I say all this because I finally got the finished books in my hot little hands last week and they are available for y'all to purchase. They're only $10 and for that you get 21 of the best short stories and poems young American writers could conjure, and you help me break even on this so that I can do it next year and the year after that and the year after that...

I only ordered 175 copies, so this is a very limited edition printing. They're selling like hot cakes, so now is definitely the time to get your hands on one...or two.

Thanks in advance for your support. It means a lot to me to give back to the younger generations of writers and your help makes that possible.

You can order the book here.

0 comments: