Recent Posts

Monday, August 13, 2012

You Lyed!

Just last week I wrote this whole thing about not liking short stories because I can't write them and being a sore loser and basically a total wet blanket. Well, scratch all that because I'm in love with short stories again.

Not exactly in love in love, but maybe dating again.

I was driving all by my lonesome and suddenly a little bitty story plopped right into my head fully formed, like a celestial baby from Mars and it did a little jig and I just knew I had to put that baby to beddie bye on a little white page in my computer. And I did.

The baby is pretty good, me thinks. More surreal than anything I've ever written before, but I think it's kinda funny, which is saying a lot for me, since I'm not funny. Ever. Not even a little bit.

But then there's this new baby and she's kinda funny. There's copious drugs and a talking bear that gives out hugs and a ghost that gives out nothing and a Vocoder that makes you sound like T Pain. It's great fun.

I'm getting very close to a momentous change in my life which I can't exactly talk about because there are a whole lot of moving parts and there are other people involved and because almost nothing about it can be pinned down with any certainty other than it's happening...sometime.

It's nice to have something to look forward to, even if it's a little like being a greyhound on a dog track, chasing a stuffed rabbit that always seems to stay just a little bit out of reach. I'll keep running though. I got me some stamina. I got me some drive. And I'm gonna git me some.

Sometime.

0 comments: