Recent Posts

Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Backyard

Not quite what I was hoping when I set out last year to clear the whole thing out and build it out, but a start, I suppose. The key is that there is no longer a crap-ton of ivy where snakes can hide and bite my son. And he even has a playset now. Go me!


I moved the garden into a sunnier area of the yard, and planted some broccoli, lettuce, and carrots a month ago because I realized those crops do much better in milder weather. Atlanta in the winter is pretty mild. As long as it doesn't freeze for several days in a row the plants should be cool. The broccoli especially is super excited to be in my backyard. I also planted some green and jalapeno peppers in the greenhouse, along with a few strawberry plants. we'll see if those bad boys do better than my plants last year.

I'll chat more as the season progresses.

0 comments: