Recent Posts

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Picks of the Week

So, I, um, like, forgot to post last week with my picks, but let's just assume I got 100%, because, you know, I'm awesome. Through three weeks I am not doing that great, though, going 64% in my picks. This week brings some super awesome matches all across the board. Let's get to 'em.

San Diego State at #22 Michigan
This is an interesting match because Michigan stole San Diego State's head coach. As Brian from MGoBlog put it, UM basically has the best scouting report ever. However, SDSU are no slouches and UM will have their work seriously cut out for them. I'll go with my alma mater because I think the Wolverines have a few more tricks up their sleeves than they've let on in the two and a half games they've played so far.
San Diego State 28     Michigan 35

#11 Florida State at #21 Clemson
At the beginning of the season I wouldn't have thought this was going to be a good game, but after Florida State held their own against the #1 team in the country and Clemson manhandled Auburn, this is suddenly far more interesting. I think FSU is the real deal in the ACC this year.
Florida State 38     Clemson 21

#7 Oklahoma State at #8 Texas A&M
This is probably the premier game of the weekend, with two of the top-ranked teams in the Big 12 facing off in Texas. Okie State have been demolishing everyone they've encountered so far and they probably have a lot of frustration to work out against the turncoat Aggies. I expect this to be an uphill climb for aTm.
Oklahoma State 45     Texas A&M 35


#14 Arkansas at #3 Alabama
Nevermind, this is the premier game of the weekend. Most everyone thinks that Alabama is the real deal, but the Razorbacks have something to prove, since they haven't gotten much chance to show themselves off against real competition. This is a heck of a way to start things off. Too bad for the Razorbacks that 'Bama has the best D in the country.
Arkansas 17     Alabama 28

#2 LSU at #16 West Virginia
LSU must have a death wish. This is only week four and they have already played Oregon and Mississippi State, and now they are facing the Mountaineers in Morgantown. This is gonna be interesting. I don't think West Virginia has the offensive firepower to compete with LSU's stifling defense.
LSU 21     West Virginia 10

#10 Oregon at Arizona
Most are looking at this game as a W for Oregon, but I think Arizona could put up more of a fight than is commonly believed. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Nick Foles and his Wildcats come out swinging.
Oregon 42     Arizona 45

0 comments: