Recent Posts

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Year of the Gosh-Darn Novel, Ya'll

Not too shabby of a week at all, my friends. I actually completed over 3K words and am nearly half-way complete with Chapter Two of Part Two, in which our heroes actually meet each other and realize they still have no idea why the hell they are where they are. The angels aren't really helpful, because honestly they don't know either. They have stories, but their stories don't match up. So goes life in the bureaucracy.

I've decided that since Part Two is called "The Midway" each chapter will be named after a different circus midway staple. The first chapter is tentatively called "The Fattest Man In The World," though I'm not entirely sold that that is the proper name for that chapter. Maybe "The Carnival Barker" since the chapter is really the entrance to the second Part. Hmm, that might be a good one. That way I can save "TFMITW" for a later chapter that involves a lot more emotionally heavy stuff.

"The Bearded Woman" is definitely reserved for my fav character Katrina. She's a bad ass, emotional wreck. Beard indeed.

I'll update next week with some garden stuff. I need to take some pictures first so you will be able to see how beautiful my little babies are. My green beans have little beanlets growing off them. I'm so proud. I wonder if now's a good time to have "the talk" with them about using protection.

0 comments: