Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This is the part of the story where I pretend to bow real low and be humble and stuff

The beautiful peeps at decomP have nominated my short story "The Devil's Courtyard" for Dzanc Books' Best of the Web compilation. For those of you who don't know, this is like the biggest deal in the whole world and pretty much proves I'm the awesomest person ever, etc., etc.

Honestly, though, this is a huuuuuuuge honor, and I'm so proud to be considered for this. With writing, kudos don't come very often, so when they do you sort of have to bask in the radiance of it. Thanks a bunch, decomP. You're the best. We're BFF's foreva, for reals.

6 comments:

xTx said...

Well deserved, Tres! Congrats!

Tres Crow said...

Awww, thanks, x. I loved the "Fat Lady" story, BTW. I'm gonna be giving your chapbook a shoutout on Friday. Here's to it selling out in twenty minutes.

Kb_Mal said...

Congrats, Tres!

Tres Crow said...

Thanks, Kb.

Charles Dodd White said...

very good, sir

Tres Crow said...

Thanks, Mr. White. I'm running the review on 10/26 at noon. I hope I do the book justice. There's just so much going on it's a little hard to wrap my head around all the spiraling layers of violence and parenthood and Biblical symbolism. Beautiful stuff.

Also, you must have come up with twenty thousand unique ways to describe the sun. Not once did it seem contrived or redundant. The sun was like a damn character in the book, with moods and complexity. LOL.