Recent Posts

Monday, September 6, 2010

Publication is once again mine!

The fine chaps/chapettes over at decomP have seen fit to publish my flash piece, "The Devil's Courtyard". I am exceedingly proud at being allowed in such great company. You may notice that the story is reminiscent of Conrad's The Heart of Darkness, and that's because when I wrote this I was reading several books about the Belgian massacre of the Congo*, which if you may remember from high school english, is the subject of HOD. The story has some slightly strong language but should be otherwise safe for the faint of heart or your IT Department.

You can read the story here. And be sure to check out the other great pieces of fiction in this issue.


*Most notably the aforementioned HOD and well as Adam Hochschild's King Leopold's Ghost, which is hands-down one of the best non-fiction books I've ever read.

0 comments: