Recent Posts

Friday, September 24, 2010

Fiction from the news

Here's an article about a recent medical study that determined a previously unstudied optical illusion. Apparently if you stare at your own face in a mirror in a dimly-lit room, 100% of people will see at least some distortion of their face, if not a full-blown hallucination. This is probably the basis of the Bloody Mary urban myth*, but it still sounds creepy as heck. Maybe it's the horror fan in me, but reading this article just got all sorts of crazy fiction gears turning in my brain. I'll post any story sent to me about this phenomenon. It seems ripe for a Hollywoodish horror flick to me.

You can read the article here.


*Which, to be honest, is about 110% responsible for the fact that I refuse to look in a mirror if the lights are off.

0 comments: