Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Publication is mine!

My short story "Looking at Yourself Looking in the Mirror" has gone live this week over at The Foundling Review. It's a simple story about a young bank teller who wishes more than anything to be a famous writer. Sound familiar? It should. It's my life. And yes, working at a bank is actually like this. For reals*.


You can read the story here.


*Let me be clear about this, though. I actually enjoy my job, for the most part. Some customers are this annoying, but they pay my bills and keep my son fed, so I suppose I owe them a certain amount of gratitude. I hope you like the story.

4 comments:

hans q. bungle said...

Hi Crow, just wanted to drop you a line to say, "Awesome." I don't know what stage you're in of your writing career, whether it's a stage where you know you're great but nobody else does, or you're battling daily with doubt re: your abilities, but your zombie story fucking blew me away. I have no real interest in Zombie fiction, I kinda get it as an exercise I guess... but a great short story is a great short story and yours just killed it. It's been 3 days since I read it and it's sticking with me. Better than 90% of the fiction I've read in The New Yorker this year. Keep up the great work.

Tres Crow said...

Mr. Bungle,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I would say I'm in the stage where I know that I am capable of writing good stuff, but completely incapable of deciphering what is good about my work and what is bad, therefore comments like this one still totally make my day. Thank you.

I agree with you about zombie fiction, which is why I went with a humanistic angle. I'm not clever so I wasn't going to go to bat against all the witty peeps on xTx's blog. I figured I'd just write a story about love, instead.

Steve said...

Just wanted to tell you I enjoyed "Looking at Yourself Looking in the Mirror" very much.

Tres Crow said...

Steve,
Thank you so much for your kind comment. It's always nice to hear that people don't think you suck. Keep on truckin.