Recent Posts

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The National

My wife recently came back from a trip to NYC and was raving about this band she'd heard called The National. Now, I wasn't all that interested in these guys until about two days ago when I read this awesome article in the New York Times about the guys and their intense work ethic. The part that really hit hardest with me is that they are all in their mid-to-late-thirties with wives and children and yet they found the time to create a very great rock band.

Part of the mission of this blog is to give voice to the frustrations and joys and difficulties of being an artist while simultaneously raising a family and working and going to school, etc. Juggling all these things is hard and I appreciate it when I hear of, or meet, someone who is creating something beautiful despite the cacophony of responsibilities ringing in their ears.

So, check out the article and then visit The National's website. These guys deserve what they get.

0 comments: