Recent Posts

Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekly Top Five

Scary Movie Edition!

First, I would like to thank Vince Neilstein again for the site-swap last week. I think it was a great success, and a lot of fun.

Now for this week: staying in the vein of Halloween this week is dedicated to the five movies that have most scared the living bejeesus out of me. They may not be scary to you, but something about them sure got to me.

5. Pumpkinhead
Directed by: Stan Winston
Starring: Lance Henricksen

Pumpkinhead has been horribly overlooked through the years primarily because it had a spotty theatrical release when the company that produced it went belly up right before its release. However, I came across this gem when I was the ripe age of 12 and everything from the dark color palette to the pathos of a father driven to desperate lengths to seek revenge for the death of his son affected me tremendously. I have seen the movie multiple times since that first time and every time the movie holds up. It’s one of those rare slasher flicks that strive to be something more than a vehicle for gory deaths. It is a morality tale about the cost of revenge with an ending that leaves the viewer stunned. This is a must see for anyone who enjoys not only horror films, but films in general.

0 comments: