Recent Posts

Friday, September 25, 2009

On the Plains of Marathon

Week Three
Goal: To begin the running week with another five mile jog on Saturday, 19 September, 2009 and then run 4 miles per day after that.

Mile Total: 25
Actual Miles Run: 13

Endnotes: Rain, rain, rain. Y'all may not have heard but North Georgia received so much rain during the beginning of the week that there was like massive flooding all over the city of Atlanta. My wife and I were fine where we were, but still it rained so much at the beginning of the week that a good chunk of my mileage got thrown out and I either couldn't go for a run or I had to shorten it. Combine that with a few practically sleepless nights with the Schmoo* and you have the recipe for a week of drastic underperforming in the training for a marathon category.

I'm looking back over the last two posts and it suddeny occurs to me that I haven't met my weekly goal a single time. Hmmm, that's suspicious. The question now is whether I am setting the goals too high or I am merely a lazy bum and am coming up with excuses to not go for runs. I dunno. It's too early in the morning for proper introspection, so I'll just go with the former and make my goals a little more realistic for next week. Hopefully I won't have to use the ark I've been building in my basement any time soon.

Week Four
Goal: To begin the running week with another five mile jog on Sunday, 27 September, 2009 and then run 3 miles per day after that.

Mile Total: 20


*Schmoo being a nickname for my son in case you didn't know.

0 comments: